Hello Dever Families,
As many of you know, our nation was faced with another trauma in a school recently. For this very reason, I want to assure you that we are always looking out for how to keep the Dever safe, and I am reaching out to each of you for support. Moving forward, we are going to ensure that we enforce the following procedures. These measures are going to be made to ensure the safety of our children at all times.
Safety Protocols for our School
ALL visitors must report to the office (ID tags and signing in are requirements). Please note that we will ask ALL community members to do this.
- No entry into any Side Door
- We will avoid propping doors open
- If children are dismissing, please do not enter the side door for children. Always wait for children outside during dismissal, or dismiss from the office or auditorium
- Early Dismissal - when dismissing students we ask that only staff members pick up students from their classrooms, and we ask that all adults remain in the office during this process
- Late arrivals - only staff members will walk students to their classrooms in the mornings or at other times. We are asking that parents do not walk children to the classroom
Currently we are training staff on what to do if there is a internal or external that at the Dever. We will continue to partner with Boston Public Schools and Boston School Police to make our school safe. Thank you for following our procedures, and for working together to make our community safe! As always, if you have any suggestions, questions, or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me by scheduling an appointment or emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principal, Dever Elementary School
We are Dever Determined!