About Our School
The Paul A. Dever Elementary School serves families from diverse cultural, economic, and linguistic backgrounds. With talented and committed teachers and leaders, individualized supports to meet students’ diverse learning needs, a supportive and caring learning environment, and a culture of high expectations for academic excellence, we ensure all students are prepared to succeed in college, careers, and beyond.
Dever Elementary School, part of Boston Public Schools, is continuing strong efforts in the turnaround process. Dever’s Level 5 status provides the school with autonomy to implement innovative and research-based practices to rapidly accelerate student growth. Boston Public Schools and the Dever staff are committed to working together to ensure that all students are on or above grade level in math and reading, so that all students are college and career ready.
What makes our school special:
- A talented and dedicated staff
- A culture of high expectations and a shared belief that all students can be successful
- 1:1 Student-to-Laptop ratio
- Specialists in Art, Music, Physical Education, Technology, and Spanish
- Extended learning time
- Full-time nursing services
- Partnership with several therapeutic programs providing social-emotional supports and mental health counseling
- Strong community connections with Harbor Point Development
- Universal free breakfast, lunch, and snack program
- K-8 Pathway: Guaranteed assignment to the McCormack Middle School
Our partners include:
The Achievement Network, Boys and Girls Club, Big Sister, Harbor Point, Home for Little Wanderers, Jumpstart, Playworks, Trinity Church, Wediko Children’s Service, and more.
Extended learning time in our building:
We offer an extended school day for all students from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and have a partnership with the Boys' and Girls' Club of Dorchester (Walter Denney Youth Center), which serves as an afterschool program for Dever's students, located down the street from the school.